Cooking a perfect plate of al dente pasta is simple once you have mastered a few basic techniques.
- Cook Pasta in Plenty of water
- Always add salt to the boiling water. Followed by adding the pasta
- Drain the pasta as soon as it reaches al dente state *.The cooking time of pasta depends on the type and shape of the pasta. Follow the instruction of the packets
- Once pasta is cooked, drain it . Never drain it too much or too long.
- It is not advisable to keep the hot pasta in a colander for long. The flavors of the sauces blend well with the pasta when the pasta is hot and with little of water left in it.
Ingredients2 Medium Red peppers /Capsicums
2 Firm tomatoes
2 Small/medium Size red onions
2 cloves Garlic
2-3 tb spn Virgin Olive Oil
Salt/Pepper according to taste
250 gms Pasta
Parmesan Cheese, Olives and Pine seeds for dressing.
Preheat oven to 180 degree C
Cut the capsicum to quarter and deseed it.
Cut tomatoes and onions to quarter and peel the Garlic
Drizzle the olive oil on top of it .
Add salt and freshly ground paper to it and bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes.
Let it cool and blend the roasted vegetables in a blender till smooth.
Add the sauce to the Pasta .Decorate with Shaved or grated Parmesan .Go on and add the olives and Pine seeds on top of the serving.
Enjoy with a glass of wine :-)
This is my entry to this weeks Presto Pasta Nights hosted by Kirsten and Ruth