PREP TIME: 20 MINUTESCHILL TIME: 15 MINUTESTOTAL TIME: 35 MINUTES
These OREO cookie balls are made with just 3 simple ingredients and are such an easy dessert recipe! They are fun, festive and great to make for entertaining. Drizzle with chocolate or top with your favorite colored sprinkles for the perfect decorative treat!
- 36 OREO cookies (1 package)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 8 ounces baking chocolate (I prefer melting wafers)
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS: OREO CRUMBS, NUTS, SPRINKLES, DRIZZLED MELTED CHOCOLATE
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Then crush the oreos (with filling) in a blender or food processor.
- Mix together the oreo crumbs and cream cheese with a hand mixer. If it isn’t coming together, get your hands in there and mix it up.
- Use a small cookie scoop to scoop out the dough. Then roll into a ball with your hands and place onto the pan.
- Freeze for 10-15 minutes or until slightly firm. You don’t want them too cold.
- Melt the chocolate and stir until smooth. Then use a fork to dip the oreo balls into the chocolate. Tap on the edge of the bowl to get the smooth finish. Use a toothpick to help slide the ball onto the pan. Allow to harden.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Read more : Sticky Buns