Vanilla Creme Balls
Prep Time: 15 mins|Cook Time:8 hrs|Total Time: 8 hrs 15 mins
These 5-ingredient, no bake Vanilla Creme Balls are the perfect easy candy to make for family, friends and neighbors this holiday season! A creamy vanilla center, coated in chocolate and toasted almonds.
Servings: 90 balls
Calories: 108 kcal
Author: Lauren Allen
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups powder sugar
- dash salt
- 1 lb. high quality chocolate I use ghiredelli or hersheys bars
- 1 lb sliced almonds toasted and finely chopped
- In a mixing bowl combine the butter, condensed milk, vanilla, powder sugar and salt.
- Mix well and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or until firm enough to handle. (The filling wont get “hard”–it will be more like a thick frosting.)
- Roll the dough into small, 1/2 tsp balls and place on a lined baking sheet. I find it helps to grease my hands with cooking spray as the filling can be a little sticky. I also like to work with the cream filling in batches, leaving most of it in the fridge as I roll balls so that it doesn’t get too soft sitting on my counter as I work.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze cream balls overnight, or at least for 8 hours. (Cream balls can be frozen in an airtight container for several weeks. It’s a great time saver to make these ahead of time!)
While the balls are in the freezer you can toast the almonds (this can also be done in advance).
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the sliced almonds and cook, tossing gently, until they begin to toast golden brown. This should only take a few minutes. Be careful not to let them burn.
- Allow them to cool and then use your hands to gently crush them into very pieces, into a bowl. Set aside until you’re ready to use them.
- Once the cream filling is frozen, melt your chocolate. I like to melt mine in the microwave, on low power, in 15 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until smooth.
Dip frozen balls in chocolate, then in almonds. This is great to do with a companion, if you can, so it goes faster. Refrigerate until ready to eat.
*If you don’t want to make this big of a batch, you can always cut this recipe in half!
Source Recipe : tastesbetterfromscratch.com